Welcome to the Montreal Therapy Centre’s Mental Health 101 series.
This section is designed to give you a basic overview of:
- Some common mental health issues
- A brief guide to the various therapy approaches
- The different types of mental health professionals
We hope that this guide will help you to make informed choices about your mental health care.
Some common mental health issues
This section provides information about some of the most common mental health issues. For each, we describe:
- What it is
- The prevalence
- Some signs and symptoms
- Treatment recommendations
A brief guide to therapy approaches
This section provides information about some of the most popular approaches to therapy. For each, we provide further details about the approach including:
- A description and philosophy of the approach
- The types of people and problems is is used to treat
- Details about what this approach looks like in practice and some of the interventions that are used
Types of mental health professionals
In this section we describe the various types of mental health professionals who practice in Quebec and provide some details about their training, licensing, and types of services they provide.