Are you ready to take a different approach to finding your healthy weight?
If so, join us this fall at the Montreal Therapy Centre and be part of our W.I.S.E Philosophy group, an on-going support group for women who want to improve their health & well-being, including being at a healthier weight.
What is a WISE group?
If you’re a woman struggling with your weight, issues around food, or body image, you’ve likely tried many diet programs, books & weight loss centres only to find yourself back in the same place or with more weight than you started with.
Because unfortunately, there is not a diet plan on the planet that will help you lose weight and keep it off – none of them have any scientific evidence that they work in the long term.
That’s because what’s missing are the reasons why we overeat – which often includes misusing food to manage our stress, anxiety and emotions.
These underlying emotional issues, if not addressed, will continue to sabotage whatever approach we choose to take. That’s why WISE offers a very different philosophy. It’s not what we’re eating, but what’s eating us.
So if you really want to get off the diet cycle and start to feel good about your body and yourself, I invite you be part of a unique health & wellness program that focuses on our emotional FAT (feelings, actions & thoughts) through Well-being, Insight, Support & Education. You are worth the effort!
Here is what a WISE support group program offers:
- An ongoing support group (three, 13-week sessions) with 7-8 pariticipants in each group
- A weekly discussion theme with reflective exercises that we share as a group
- Relevant topics such as family of origin dynamics, self-esteem, body image, and intuitive eating
- A focus on why we use food to deal with negative emotions, especially stress and anxiety.*
- Laughter, tears, and connection! You will meet other women whose struggles you will relate to – knowing that you are not alone is a game changer.
The program will be offered over 3 trimesters
October 1st, 2018 – February 1st, 2019
Mondays 7pm- 9pm (unless otherwise specified)