During this workshop series for parents, the focus is on encouraging cooperation and communication with children as they move through the toddler and preschool years. Topics include but are not limited to: effective communication, the link between behaviour and brain development, and responding to children’s more challenging behaviours in ways that parents are comfortable with and that work for them. Light refreshments and materials are provided. Official insurance receipts are given to all participants.
1st Workshop (Nov. 3) – LEARN:
- About brain development
- The importance of play for attachment and learning
- About taking care of yourself as a parent
2nd Workshop (Nov. 10) – I answer your QUESTIONS:
- About whatbehaviours you find most challenging
- About what you can do to encourage better communication and cooperation with your child
3rd Workshop (Nov.17) – FOLLOW-UP
- We will discuss what you have tried to address challenging behaviours, what works, and what doesn’t (because every parent and child is different!)
4th Workshop (Nov. 24) – WRAP-UP
- We will go over the KEY THEMES
More Q & A about moving forward and continuing to encourage communication and cooperation with your child
STARTING IN NOVEMBER 2019
On Sundays from 10am to 12pm (Nov. 3, 10, 17, 24)
Cost : $280 (for all 4 workshops)
Materials, light refreshments, and official reciepts for insurance are provided.
*Les ateliers en français commenceront en janvier 2020.
DATE AND TIME :
Sun November 3, 2019   10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sun November 24, 2019
Queen Elizabeth Health Complex
2100 Avenue de Marlowe
(one block away from Metro Vendome)